Libraries Change Lives: Empower, Enrich, and Educate Yourself at Your Delia Library
We contribute to the well-being and health of our community by providing information, supporting literacy and bringing people together. Through our participation in Marigold Library System, our library is a single point of access to millions of books, audiobooks, eBooks, DVDs, events and more.
1983-Delia Municipal Library and Board was formed and became a member of the Marigold Library System.
1984-Library renovated and moved, creating new space in Delia School addition and added mezzanine.
1993-Library Manager, Frances Andersen retires and Leah Hunter is hired.
2002-Public Internet Access and new furniture purchased to house computer stations and audio collections.
2005-Library added Read and Rest Adult area.
2006-Teen Scene area added to library and wireless hotspot.
2009-Videoconferencing service becomes available at the library.
2010-Library Circulation Desk renovations and 30th Anniversary celebrated with gala.
2011-Kobo eReaders purchased and wireless laptop for customer use.
2012-Friends of the Delia Library formed.
2013-Added hot drink station into library and Friends of the Delia Library Memorial Wall created.
Mission: A thriving library that is an integral part of the community.
- Respect-welcoming everyone and working together
- Empowerment-creating opportunities and abilities
- Responsiveness-listening and responding to requests in a timely and professional manner
- Communication-increasing awareness and promoting the use of the library services, and maintain user satisfaction
- Synergy-working together to produce a combined effort greater than we do individually
- Innovation-starting or providing something new to inspire change
- Responsible-using our resources wisely
- Know Your Community: Community resources and services
- Build Successful Enterprises: Business and Non-profit Support
- Create Young Readers: Early Literacy
- Stimulate Imagination: Reading, viewing, and listening for pleasure
- Create community programs, partnerships, and engagement..
- Build sustainable partnerships and services with business and non-profit community groups.
- Continue investing in programs, services, and collections for early learning and family literacy.
- Inspire discovery through programs, collections, and services that enhance literacy and lifelong learning.